Founder / Owner / Lead Instructor
Survival / Primitive Skills / Herbalism / Flint Knapping / Preparedness / Self-Reliance
Survival Instructor / Herbal Medic / Herbalist / Wilderness First Responder / SERE / Scout Tracker / Combatives / Firearms / Jungle Survival / Pastor – See full list of training and certifications.
DUE TO GRADE 4 BRAIN CANCER JUSTIN WILLIAMS WAS GIVEN 8-12 MONTHS TO LIVE, BUT HE IS BELIEVING GOD FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE. TO KEEP UP WITH HIS STATUS AND TO SHOW YOUR SUPPORT BE SURE FOLLOW HIM ON FACEBOOK.
Justin “Sage” Williams, is an avid woodsman who grew up hiking, fishing, and camping in the Ozark Mountains his entire life. In 2007, Justin developed an interest in bushcraft, and began training in wilderness survival. In 2010, he trained under the Pathfinder School and began spending longer periods in the bush honing his skills and learning from Dave Canterbury. The following year he began training in modern trapping, and ran an active commercial trap line for the next three years. In 2015, Justin completed multiple training courses including the Pathfinder Certification, First Earth Wilderness School, Outdoor Leadership Skills OLS, Leave No Trace, Advanced Kayaking, and many others.
In 2016, with the support of his family, Justin immersed himself into the wilderness full-time. He completed a 45 Day Survival Sigma 3 Instructor Program that Spring, and currently holds one of the fastest times to complete Scout Knife Only. That summer, Justin was honored to spend some quality one-on-one time with the legend John McPherson. During this time he learned more about homesteading, self-reliance, wilderness survival, flint knapping, and starting a survival school. In December of 2016, Justin became the Director of Operations and Lead Instructor for one of the largest survival schools in the U.S. In the Fall of 2018, he began launching Axis Off Grid. He currently offers regular training opportunities throughout the year, and in 2019 he officially opened Axis Off Grid.
WILDERNESS TRAINING / CERTIFICATIONS
- Wilderness First Responder / CPR (SOLO)
- First Response Safety Training
- Wilderness First Aid
- First Earth Wilderness Survival
- O.L.S. Certified (Outdoor Leadership Skills)
- Leave No Trace
- Scoutmaster Specific (Leading Youth in the Outdoors)
- Kayaking / River Excursion Certification
- Pathfinder Certified
- Sigma 3 Certified Level 2 Instructor
- Survival Standard
- Advanced Survival
- Bowyer Course (Bow making)
- Wildcrafter – Edible and Medicinal Plants
- Scout Knife Only
- S.E.R.E. Graduate – Survival, Evasion, Resistance, Escape (Civilian)
- Jungle/Coastal Survival – Costa Rica Survival School
- Desert Survival – Phase 3 High Desert Survival School
- Winter Backpacking / Mountaineering
- Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced Flint Knapping
- Rewild University – Rewild Your Mind Training
- 2nd Degree Black Belt TKD / Krav Maga Practitioner
- Firearms – Concealed Weapons / Basic & Intermediate Pistol / Carbine
- Recon, Covert Ops, & Intelligence Training – 2017
- Tactical Tracking / Scout Tracker Level 1
- The Herbal Medic (Herbal Medicine Intensive 18 Weeks) The Human Path
- Herbalism for Beginners
- Herbalism for Professionals
- Herbal Medic Certified
- The Science and Art of Herbalism – Rosemary Gladstar
- Sacred Science Herbal Remedy Program
- SW School of Medicinal Herbalism
- Ozark Herb Society
- Mycologoical Society
- Mushroom Identification
- Edible Mycology
- Medicinal Mycology
- Poisonous Mycology
- Bois D’ Arc Skills Gathering & Knap-In Instructor
- SkyEarth Primitive Skills Gathering Instructor
Philosophy: My goal is not to be better than anyone else, but to be better than I used to be. – Sage
I have been diagnosed with Xylophile, Nemophilist, and Werifesteria. I need treatment immediately.
Instagram: Axis Off Grid
Justin became a Christian in August of 1996, and served in ministry for over 15 years. He has a heart to see lives restored through the Gospel message of Christ. Justin is a gifted communicator and teacher, convicted about speaking the truth as plainly as possible. God has given him a vision to reach the outcast and change the outcome. Each week he passionately shares God’s Word and its practical application in our daily lives through Small Groups and on Social Media.
Justin Williams is an ordained pastor, commissioned missionary, and holds a Bachelor’s degree in Theology from Liberty Bible College.